Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dare I say FILM!

Film!
Yes I said it...
that four letter word that takes our breath away,
makes our heart beat faster and sends chills down our spine.

It's a medium that is a mystery to many.

What is it? How does it make my work better?

Why would anyone use it?

I miss film, those cute little negatives that you get after waiting patiently for them to be developed. The anticipation of seeing what you got. The thrill when you see the results of all your efforts, skill and creativity all rolled up into one. Yes I still shoot film, and I say I quite enjoy it as well. My shoots are more composed and thought out. I know I have to use what I got and that makes it more challenging and fun. I can't change my ISO & I am stuck with whatever balance I have chosen. I am like a hunter out for my prey, in a world of my own. No one can stop me!!! Oh, sorry got a little carried away. But you get the point, film is fun. Try it you may just like it. The results...who knows... it's a learning process and you may just have a happy accident!

No comments:

Post a Comment